Thursday, June 26, 2014

One Day I Turned Nineteen

Well, it's my 19th birthday today. 

I don't really feel any different, but I never do on my birthdays. Maybe a little more mature, but that might just be because I took myself to Starbucks and got a mani-pedi. Ah, the perks of being a woman. 

I've received many birthday wishes already, from previous employers to cousins to best friends, oh and my favorite sister of course. A birthday is a wonderful time because you are reminded of the many people who care about you. It doesn't come down to the gift cards or presents or tweets, it comes down to who you have influenced in your years here on earth. Another thought I had, while doing my face this morning (I haven't been wearing much makeup when I just sit at home, so it's almost a treat during the summer) was that a birthday is more than a celebration of you... it's a manifestation of the love between two people. That's the only reason I am here today, doing amazing things, and basking in the numerous opportunities that continue to find me... because of my parents. 

A birthday card with fun quote 'a whole year more incrediblerer card' from Paperchase. #cards #greetingcards #birthdaycards

I thought I'd take a minute to reflect on this past year and write about ten things which I am most thankful for, in honor of my twentieth year and nine months on this planet. I'm all about the lists lately, can't you tell? 

  1. I am thankful for my parents who have coached me, comforted me, loved me and supported me throughout the years, through the good, the bad and the ugly
  2. I am thankful for my siblings, from the almost thirty-somethings to the five year old; as much as they drive me crazy and it's a wonder I'm not deaf by now, they definitely add a little color to my life
  3. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to attend a wonderful school and learn all the many things I did; I have to admit there were a few times where I doubted I would graduate, but I finally made it
  4. I am thankful for coffee, because without it, I'm not really sure how I would survive, literally
  5. I am thankful for my amazing friends, who make my life all the more interesting and exciting; they never fail to make me laugh, whip me into shape, and rescue me from reality at the perfect times
  6. I am thankful for the friends I am making in the blogosphere, especially Emily, check out her blog here
  7. I am thankful for my cousins (yes, they deserve their own bullet point) because I really couldn't survive without them...you know who you are
  8. I am thankful for my love of photography and my gorgeous iPhone and camera (a Canon EOS Rebel T3i, which, at three years old, is still going strong) which enable me to capture beauty in everyday life
  9. I am thankful for my wonderful boyfriend, who makes my life complete and who supports and encourages me in everything I do; who makes me smile and spoils me way too much, and who is my better half 
  10. Finally, I am thankful for life itself; yes, it has its hardships, its tears and its trials, but overall, it's a good life 

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS