Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mid-Week Mini Haul


Is it just me or is this week going by way too slowly? I feel like it should be Friday already. As you can probably see...Greta went shopping again. It's fascinating that after graduation I suddenly had this wonderful thing called money. And I had a lot of it. So what am I doing? Am I saving it like the responsible adult I am...awkward silence. No. Well, let's be fair, I am saving a bulk of it only because I locked it away someplace where I can't touch it. Hey, a woman has got to do what a woman's got to do. Anyway. This is not the Dave Ramsey show, and I digress. 
Let's just skip the fluff and get right into it. What did I get?!


EOS Lip Balms: 5 Pack from Costco. I don't even want to explain this purchase because y'all probably know by now that I am addicted, and it's a problem. So after my big sister told me she picked this bad boy up, it just had to happen. And I haven't even opened it yet because I was waiting to write this post. I'm such a dedicated blogger. The set includes Sweet Mint, Strawberry Sorbet, Passion Fruit, Summer Fruit and Honeysuckle Honeydew. It's love, I'm telling you. 

Eco-Tools Mineral Set from Target. I love this brand of brushes. If you're looking for high quality makeup brushes for a fraction of the cost of Sigma or MAC, then these are the way to go. You can buy them at Ulta, Target, or online, and they are a very doable cost. I got these for $8.99 because they were at a discounted price at Target last night. I've used this brand before and they are the best for powder foundation, pressed and loose powders and even blushers. This set is mini, which I love because mini is just adorable, and perfect for traveling or for my on-the-go makeup bag. It came with a Mineral Powder Brush, a Mini Kabuki Brush, a basic Eyeshadow Brush and a Concealer Brush. If you haven't already tried these, go pick them up!


Baby Lips Lip Balm from Target. So I just bought two year's worth of lip balms and what do I do? I buy more lip products. Can you say white girl? I noticed that the Baby Lips brand has a new line- Crystal which seem to be slightly more shimmery and pinky toned, while still containing Shea Butter and Vitamin E which is perfect for summer. This one is in the shade 130, Crystal Kiss and it's a slightly salmon-y, slightly Barbie pink without being too over the top. I love these lip balms and with the exception of probably three or four, have probably purchased every single one. I almost put this back on the shelf because Realist Greta surfaced and "do I really need this?" but my friend (who I love so much!) convinced me and told me I had to buy it. How do you cure an addiction when your friends keep encouraging you? 



Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer from Target. My little travel sized Ponds moisturizer (which has lasted since February) is on it's last leg, so I decided to pick up a new one. I've been wanting to branch out with my skincare routine because let's face it- I don't go anywhere or see anyone in the summer, so it's the perfect time to experiment with products that could potentially either trash my skin or beautify it. (Yes, we just had a little wallowing-in-self-pity-moment there) I like the Clean & Clear line because the products don't dry out my skin or make it too oily. I use the Morning Burst Facial Scrub every morning and it definitely helps to brighten my skin and make me look somewhat alive. This moisturizer has Salicylic Acid which helps to prevent and treat blemishes, and it's oil free which is great for my combination skin. 

Yes To Grapefruit Brightening Facial Wipes from Target. I'm a Target shop-a-holic, have you noticed? I think I've mentioned my love affair with the Say Yes To brand but if I haven't, that's all you need to know. For drugstore products, they tend to wane on the pricier side (think $8-$20 range) but worth the money, in my opinion. I love face wipes to remove my makeup at night before my toner and evening cream, and these are perfect because they not only take everything off, but they brighten and slightly exfoliate at the same time. Why would I only kill one bird when I could kill three? Call me weird, but I love grapefruit anything, and these smell like a cross between grapefruit juice and some kind of girly cocktail. Also, the packaging is great, and you get 25 wipes for about $5.95 (ish) 

And finally, last but certainly not least...

Dream Eau de Toilette from Gap. I'm going to fangirl about a scent. O.M.G. I've been searching for a new summery scent, and I fell in love with this when I discovered it at Macie's house. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find it because our outlets are kind of hit and miss, but I was checking out of Gap on Saturday and I spotted it by the checkout and grabbed it. I want to say it was $10.00, and it's a 30 mL bottle, so it should last a while. The packaging reads "a soft mix of white freesia, orange flower and pure cloud." I didn't know you could package up clouds. So cool. It's a very fresh, light and feminine scent, and I think it's perfect for the warmer months. 

So that's the mini-haul roundup. Let me know what kind of posts you'd like me to write next, and please feel free to leave comments below. I'm on my second cup of coffee in the past hour and a half, and I should probably muster up some energy to get dressed. Ah, summer. I hope your day treats you well, and if it doesn't, well, can I get a high-five for mid-week funks!

All the best, 

Greta Elise 


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS