Friday, June 20, 2014

High-Five For Friday!

TGIF.

This week seemed to go by so incredibly slow, so I'm glad it's finally Friday. I'm off for a little weekend get-away in a bit, but I have five favorites this week that I thought I'd quickly share. 


 Way before summer started, I began to see this trend surface: soft shorts (for lack of a better term!) I added them to my list of items to purchase, and finally did earlier this week. The navy pair are from Marshalls, which opened a few weeks ago, and were only $10.00. The green pair are from Target and were also $10.00, which I think is a great deal. They are both made of a very lightweight and soft material, and they fit very loosely, but still manage to be flattering when on. I thought they'd be perfect for lounging around the house, pool, and our lake house, and I'm sure I'll wear them to bed at least a few times. They are oh so versatile, which I love, especially in the warmer months, and can be paired with a basic tee or tank, a comfy button-down, or a hoodie when it gets chilly in the evenings. 


Two beauty favorites this week have to be the NXY Setting Spray and Clean & Clear's Morning Burst scrub. I got the setting spray from Ulta in early May before Prom, and it was around $7 I want to say. I've been using it more on a daily basis (when I actually put makeup on, obviously) because it's getting hotter now that it's nearing the middle to end of June. I spray it all over my face after I apply my base, and then again after I've set everything with powder and finished the rest of my makeup. It makes my makeup last all day without streaking and I do notice a little shine because I have slightly oily skin, but for the most part it keeps everything matte. I use my Morning Burst every single morning when I wake up, and it's great for feeling more fresh and alive (because I am neither of those when I wake up...I am not a morning person until I've had multiple cups of coffee) It has a pleasant scent and the exfoliating beads help to treat any dry patches I may have. 


I have been obsessed with candles lately, even more than usual. I love to burn them all day long on the kitchen counter; they just help to freshen the place up a bit and they provide a homey, comforting feel. My current favorite is one my dad picked up a few weeks ago from Copperfield's Books. I've seen other scents from this brand at Francesca's and this one is almost gone, as you can see, so I'm sure I'll be grabbing a new one the next time I'm in. The Paddywax brand is all natural, and I believe they are all made from soy wax, but don't quote me on that because I'm not positive. I love this Lavender & Thyme one because it's a powerful scent but it isn't too overbearing or in your face, and it isn't too fruity or perfume-y, which is nice. 


I'm generally pretty good about drinking a lot of water during the day, but I've noticed that I drink four times as much when it's flavored. I guess this could be considered a detox water, but regardless it's super refreshing and easy. I just cut up a few strawberries, squeezed some fresh lemon juice in and added the slices, and filled the mason jar with ice water. Easy! I've been drinking this all week, and it keeps me hydrated and refreshed all day, and I like drinking out of a mason jar because it's nice to have a lid for portability. 

I'd love to hear what your favorites were this week! 

All the best, 

Greta Elise

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS