Friday, June 27, 2014

High-Five For Friday!

Hello everyone, and Happy Friday! I am currently writing this post on a very comfortable bed in a very lovely hotel room on my gorgeous, brand new MacBook Pro (birthday present from dad and mother) in beautiful Lake Tahoe. I've never been here before, but it is definitely the perfect place for a little weekend get-away, and perfect blogging material. 

This Friday, instead of five favorites, I thought I'd talk about what's in my travel makeup bag since I've been on the go quite a bit lately. I don't normally take this much, but since I'm in Tahoe for my cousin's wedding and will be doing full faces of makeup this weekend, I brought a bit more than usual. I also have a few new items, which I'm very excited about! Let's get to it. 



My makeup bag is from H&M and can be found here. It's a nice size, big enough to fit multiple palettes, brushes, etc. and it was only $8.00, so it's a huge win win for me! Speaking of palettes, I brought two with me this weekend, one being the Naked 2 Palette from Urban Decay, and the second being the Naked Flushed Palette in Native, also from Urban Decay, which I purchased at Sephora yesterday. The palette is a beautiful bronzer, blush, and highlighter trio and I feel it's important to purchase myself birthday presents, or just presents in general...loving oneself is a good idea. 

Moving onto single blushers and bronzers, I have the NYX blush in the shade 25, Pinched. It's a very warm pink, bright enough for summer but subtle enough to still look natural on the skin. It gives a healthy looking flush, which I love. Two of my favorite bronzers happen to be the cheapest of cheap drugstore ones, the NYC Sun 'n' Bronze in the shade 706, Hamptons Radiance; the other is an ELF bronzer in the shade 2401, Sun Kissed. Both of these bronzers have really good pigmentation without being orangey, which I find is sometimes difficult to find in a drugstore bronzer, especially the cheaper ones. I've had these bronzers for over a year now and still haven't hit pan on either, though I use them practically every day, so they contain a good amount of product, and for under $4.00 each, I highly recommend them. 


For eyes, I obviously have my Naked 2 Palette, which I use for eyeshadow, highlighter and eyeliner (by dampening a small angled brush and applying Blackout thinly across my lash-line if I so desire) My eyelash curler is from ELF, and works like a dream. To fill in my brows, I use an angled brush from ECO-Tools, and the third color from a quad from L'Oréal in the shade 839, Cupa Joe. I use a clear eyebrow gel from ELF, which I am almost out of, but which works great. The mascara I've currently been using is The Falsies from Maybelline. I am also trying out Make Up For Ever's mascara in Smoky Extravagant which was the free birthday gift from Sephora this year. 

For concealers I have Benefit's Concealer Duo which has Boi-Ing 02 and Eye Bright. I also have my go-to Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser (now that's a mouthful...) in the shade 210, Light. I use this mostly for under my eyes because it is quite brightening as well, but it does such a good job that I can also use it as an all-over concealer. I have a concealer duo from Physician's Formula, which is half a light-toned creamy concealer especially good for spots and uneven patches, and half a green toned concealer used for redness. 

In the summer I don't like to use a heavy foundation because I like my skin to be able to breathe, so I've been using the Dream Pure BB Cream from Maybelline in the Light/Medium Sheer Tint. For a BB cream, it provides pretty good coverage and doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. I've been using the Stay Matte Pressed Powder from Rimmel London in the shade 003, Natural. It provides a nice finish over my base and lasts around six hours before needing a light touch-up (but even without any touch-ups, my skin just looks a little more dewey, not shiny) 

My brushes are the same Eco-Tools ones from my previous mini-haul, and I also brought my Merle Norman blush brush which I use for blush and contouring, my Naked 2 eyeshadow brush and two Bare Minerals eyeshadow brushes. I also have my NYX Matte Setting Spray, a whole bunch of EOS lip balms, a NYX butter gloss in Créme Brûlée and Baby Lips lip balm. 

So that's all I have in my travel makeup bag; I do not use all of these products at the same time, but when I'm gone for more than one night, especially when I'm attending an event, I like to have a few different products so I have a nice variety. Also, certain products are better to use depending on how my skin decides to act. It's been pretty clear and tame, but you never know. Being away from home is usually when it decides to flare up. The struggle is real. 

Let me know if you'd like me to do a What's In My Travel Toiletries Bag post. Have a great rest of your Friday night, wherever you may be! 

All the best, 

♥︎ Greta Elise


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS