Monday, July 14, 2014

Musings of a Foodie: Trip to Tiberon

I've been MIA on my blog for quite a few days now, and I feel conflicted about it. 

I don't want to be someone who blogs every day without fail only to post things that really have nothing of quality to say, aka posting to post for the heck of it. I want my material to be informative and interesting and worthwhile. That being said, I committed to blogging 100% and I do not intend to give up on it or disappear when I can't get motivated or think of anything to write. I am guilty of reading my Bloglovin feed and comparing my blog and its content to my fellow bloggers, which usually results in me feeling worse about myself than I did to begin with. I have to teach myself that whatever I post is good enough, and just because it may be similar or different from other content out there, that does not make it better or worse. So there's my little morning pep talk to myself. And that explains why I've been distant on here for a while. 

Now on to the actual post! 

 Last Thursday, my cousin and I took a little day trip to Tiberon, which is just across the bay from San Francisco. It's much cooler there, being right on the ocean, but it was a nice break from the business and the heat that is our hometown. The whole point of the trip was so we could go to the Vineyard Vines store, (Tiberon being the closest one to us) but it ended up being a great excuse to discover a new eatery, and we both love that. 


These little oceanside towns aren't hick-towns and the food and shopping isn't cheap, but Waypoint Pizza sounded next to perfect after glancing at the menu and the prices. The decor was comfortable and reminded us of a Nicholas Sparks novel, being very ocean/beach-oriented. We sat in a booth along the wall, and besides us there were only three other diners, though it was about 3 pm, so it wasn't exactly the bustling lunch hour. The only con we had about the whole experience was that we had to go up to the counter to order and we got our own water and condiments from a little side table, which was OK, but which seemed less like a restaurant and more like a buffet. That being said, the food entirely made up for the service.



Being cousins, and just obsessed with food and not being able to decide on just one thing, we usually share our meal when we go out, and our lunch was no different. We decided on  the Shrimp Pasta with a garlic and basil cream sauce and the Gourmet Sausage pizza with mushrooms, Italian sausage, green peppers, olives, onions and mozzarella. In one sentence, it was to die for.


 

The shrimp was fresh and the food was piping hot. Even the sourdough, which we used to mop up the garlic sauce, was crusty and dense. The sauce itself was slightly spicy, but not too creamy, and complimented the crunch of the shrimp and the al dente pasta perfectly. The pizza was cut into four slices, which was perfect for the two of us, and was absolutely delicious. The vegetables were still slightly crunchy, which told us they were fresh and there was the ideal amount of sausage and cheese to make the pizza filling, though it was small. 



As you can see, we licked our plates clean, and the bill ended up being around $25, which we thought was great. 


We would definitely eat at Waypoint Pizza again, and if you are looking for something quick and delicious, but still fresh, with the small oceanside town feel, I highly recommend this place, minus the weak service. Check them out here, and their Yelp reviews here

All the best, 

♥︎ Greta Elise

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS