Wednesday, July 9, 2014

50 Questions

I was surfing for blog inspiration last night at around 10:30 (shocker) trying to come across something more personal and different. This blog is not a superficial act, but I struggle with drawing the line between personal life and what I have decided to share so far. Thus, when I came across these 50 questions, I thought perfect, this will get me to leave my comfort zone a bit but still provide something (hopefully) interesting for my readers. Who knows if you'll like this post, but here it is.

1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? G, Grets, Homie, Babe. I generally prefer to be called by any of these or my actual name, but it's annoying when people pronounce my name as if it is spelled with a D...it's not Gre-duh, its Gre-tuh. 
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? Does my Goodreads bookshelf count? The Vacationers, The Longest Ride, Looking for Alaska, Eleanor and Park, Blogging for Dummies, Adulting: How to Become a Grownup in 468 Easy-ish Steps
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? As much as I wish I was, I'm not a very artistic person, and the extent of my doodling career was on my History notes waaay back in high school (that was supposed to be sarcastic) I tended to specialize in hearts and song lyrics because I'm the epitome of a hopeless romantic. 
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? This typically happens to me nearly every night, usually between the hours of 2 and 4 AM, and if I really can't fall back to sleep, I'll send long, meaningful texts to one of two people, watch a show on Netflix, or think up every possible scenario for my perfect day. 
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? Probably a month, but I'd do it as long as I had to. Eat a lot, sleep a lot, Netflix a lot and try to keep myself busy to avoid thinking about my depressing situation (not unlike what I do the majority of the time right now)
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? For the most part, I save them, unless I really don't want to remember that specific person/event/glittery kitten on the front. 
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? My little sister(s). 
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? I'm a hen, so I ignore the obnoxious roosters, hide from the annoying chicks and sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost. 
9. What are you most likely to eat as a midnight snack? A bowl of cereal. 
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Obviously every time I go into a room with a mirror. 
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? Drinking coffee is a huge deal. 
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? Just one? I'm sorry I just can't pick only one. 
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? I do. 
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? Never...
15. Which animals scare you most? Do spiders count? I can't stand snakes, rodents, and TBH, cats really give me the creeps. 
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? Avoid conflict. 
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored? "You're beautiful."
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? My severely low self-esteem and constant overthinking. 
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. Yes. I like what I like, I do the same things over and over and I don't want anyone to mess with my schedule. 
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. Some have said yes, others no, as far as I'm concerned, I can be. 
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? Well I walked to the kitchen to get Oreos...
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? A few very close friends because I'd rather have four quarters than one hundred pennies. 
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? Build my own empire, as anyone who really knows me, would agree. 
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? That one time I got distracted and ended up in the ER in shock and with a hole in my foot. Yeah, that happened. 
25. What do you think about more than anything else? "What's going to happen tomorrow, next week, in six months, in five years..."
26. What’s something that amazes you? How Walt Disney Studios was able to make The Parent Trap. 
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? I prefer them to shoot straight and get it over with because I can't stand beating around the bush or dishonesty. 
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest? The Oxbow. 
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why? I'd rather pay someone to give me a manicure because I frankly suck at it and always end up staining either the bathroom counter or my sleeve with polish. 
30. Do you have a catchphrase? "It's fine."
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? I'll say what I think, and most of the time I'll probably come off as pretty rude, sorry, just being honest. 
32. How and where do you prefer to study? I prefer to study with music in my ears, at a big table or on the kitchen floor, a bed always works too. 
33. What position do you sleep in? I sleep like every other girl; cuddling a sentimental item, one foot hanging off the bed so I don't get too hot, and on my side with my head under the covers. 
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why? Hm...this is a tricky one. I love Napa, Walnut Creek, Calistoga, Sonoma, Chicago, Madrid, Venice, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Santa Fe, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Those are all all-time favorites, so don't judge me. 
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Their ability to smell good, their sense of humor and their genuineness. 
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? Being the third oldest, with four underneath me, and being the oldest still living at home, I get the blessing of having an older sister who I talk to every day and who gives me the best advice, listens to me without complaint and makes me laugh on crappy days. However, I also serve as an example to my four younger siblings who, though they would never admit it, look up to me and are influenced by a lot of my actions. 
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? The idea of a perfect scenario in every situation which limits my experiences and relationships so much. 
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? I'll let you know when I find a broken one worth restoring. 
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Sophia. 
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? No. Don't get me wrong, I believe it is definitely easier, and in some situations (kids not knowing there are cookies on top of the fridge) it is harmless, but in the adult world, as much as it may hurt at first, honesty and knowing the full story is always best. 
41. What do you consider unforgivable? Eating the last piece of pie. 
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? I honestly cannot think of any major personal failures, but I suspect I have not forgiven myself or at least not entirely because I am very hard on myself and don't get over things very easily when it comes to my personal life. 
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? If they knock it off and start proving themselves in other areas, I tend to get over it pretty quickly. 
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? What does this even mean? 
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. I trust them until they break my trust and it takes a lot for them to regain it. 
46. In what area of your life are you immature? I'm immature? Well, sometimes I'm immature in the way I deal with difficult situations (by avoiding them), also with my sense of humor at times, and the way I find it necessary to hide my food in the backs of the cupboard so no one can find it. 
47. What was the best news you ever received? Grammy bought Nutella. 
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? Not very difficult, actually. 
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first? I immediately clicked with my cousin, who I consider just having met nearly three years ago because I had lived far away for ten years. We clicked because we're perfect for each other in every way, shape and form, and we're related duh. She's the Hallie to my Annie (if you get this reference I love you) the Wilfred to my Mildred, and the Peaches to my Cream. The long term result? We will potentially continue to do everything together, from studying abroad to getting married to giving birth and probably going through a mid-life crisis at the same time. Conversely, I guess you could say I'm close to someone I hated at first...but then of course I really hate someone I liked at first, so...ya know. 
50. When do you find yourself singing? On mini road trips with my cousin, in my bed at 11:30 at night and with my mom in the kitchen. 


All the best, 

♥︎ Greta Elise

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS