Tuesday, July 29, 2014

#FOTD: Classy Summer Makeup

I realized this morning that it has been a while since I've done a beauty related post, so I thought okay, let's see what I can think up today. I'm actually leaving the house today, which requires I put on a bra and some shoes and look at least a little presentable. I thought I'd share my FOTD (blogger lingo for face of the day) In the summer I like to keep my makeup pretty basic and dewey and I have a few go-to warm weather products I like to use! 

I like to start by washing my face with a gritty scrub, to remove any dry skin and dullness from the night before, and also to make sure I have a squeaky clean front. I like this one because it has the consistency of a mask but it works like a cleanser. It has these tiny little particles in it (to be honest I have no idea what they are made of) and it restores my face to it's natural glow. Also it smells incredible! Check it out here


Next I moisturize and prime my face using Clean & Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer, LifeVantage True Science Eye Correction Serum and Neutrogena's Shine Control Primer. This has got to be my new favorite moisturizer because it hydrates my face without feeling oily or thick and because it has Salicylic Acid, it leaves my face tingling and fresh feeling. I highly recommend this product. I apply the eye cream under my eyes and on top of my eyelids, concentrating on my dark circles and crow's feet (well, that general area, I thankfully don't really have an issue here yet) I let it dry a few minutes before putting on some primer; this one has a thick consistency and is extremely matte. I'm not sure if I really like this primer, but I'm going to try it out a few more times and see if it lives up to it's "oil-free all day" claim. Primer and eye cream help my concealer and BB cream to go on smoother and last longer throughout the day while adding an extra layer between the face and the makeup. I never put on a face without these three vital steps!


For my base I like to keep things light and simple, and during the summer I never wear foundation. I opt instead for my current favorite BB cream which provides ample coverage, along with a few swipes of concealer, but doesn't feel gloppy or thick on my face. I also find that sun and fresh air have left my skin relatively clear the past few months, so foundation isn't even needed. Why wear it if you don't need it? After I apply the BB cream, I sweep my Instant Age Rewind Concealer from Maybelline under my eyes and on any spots or redness I may be dealing with. It's a super creamy and blend-able consistency and one of my all time favorite concealers. I apply a little powder only along my T-zone where I tend to get shiny throughout the day, and this powder is so incredibly light and matte you don't even know it's there. This is also from Neutrogena's Shine Control line but I like this powder much more than the primer. I apply a little bronzer along my cheekbones, temples and chin, and then dust a speck of blush on the apples of my cheeks, blending it in with my bronzer. My Naked Flushed Palette is my favorite palette lately because it has everything I need for my face all in one easy place. As I said, I like a more dewey look in the summer, so I sweep a little highlighter along the tops of my cheeks, my cupid's bow, and the bridge of my nose just to catch the light and help me look a little more fresh. 


I don't like a full eye for my everyday during the summer and I rarely wear eyeliner, so I just take Foxy from my Naked 2 Palette and apply it all over my lid. I then take a dab of Tease and apply it just along my lash-line, top and bottom, and work it into the crease for a little more definition. I apply Bootycall in my inner corner to brighten up my eyes a bit. 


To finish up, I curl my lashes with my eyelash curler (this one is from ELF and I got it at Target for literally $3) I apply my current favorite mascara, Make Up For Ever's Smoky Extravagant, and mist my face with a setting spray before applying a light lip balm. 


Here's the finished look! I just pulled my hair into a low bun and pinned back my bangs because it's going to be 93ยบ today!


And of course, the mirror selfie, which is definitely a thing, in case you didn't know. My top and shorts are from American Eagle and my necklace is from Francesca's (I think... it was a birthday gift and I love it) My phone is the iPhone 5S in Gold (just in case you were wondering and couldn't tell, I like to be specific)


So there is my basic face of the day! What are your favorite makeup looks for summer? Do you change up your makeup depending on the seasons or do you tend to stick to the same routine? 

All the best, 

♥︎ Greta Elise

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS