Sunday, August 10, 2014

Musings of a Foodie: Sushi Lunch

Earlier this week, I went out to lunch with one of my cousins. I've been craving sushi because I'm always craving sushi, and I haven't had it all summer! We went downtown to Eiko's and were seated at a little table right next to the window. The lighting was perfect for taking some photos, so that was an added bonus. 


I ordered the Shrimp Tempura Bento Box, which came with Miso Soup, Steamed Rice, a House Salad, a two-piece California Roll and the Tempura of course. I like the Bento Box idea because you get a little bit of everything for under $15, so it was a great choice. 


I love Miso Soup, and even though it was warm outside, it tasted delicious. I haven't had it in so long, but Eiko's has one of the best ones around. 


We waited around for our silverware because we're both dumb and can't manage to use the chopsticks. 


My cousin ordered a Virgin Mojito and I stole a sip (or four...) it was really refreshing and I loved the glass they serve it in- so photogenic. 


Though I have never taken the time to teach myself how to properly use chopsticks,  I love how clean and elegant they are to photograph. Is that just me? OK, yes I know, I'm an odd one. 


My cousin ordered the Viva Las Vegas Roll, which had Tempura Shrimp and avocado
topped with cilantro and a spicy signature sauce. She wouldn't let me have a bite (just kidding, I was so stuffed anyway) but it looked amazing. 


Eiko's is the perfect place for a sushi date and it is very reasonably priced which I happen to love. The atmosphere is very chic and modern and the service is excellent. We never had empty glasses and we received our food very quickly considering it was 12:30 on a weekday. I highly recommend Eiko's, as I've never had a bad experience and the food is always super fresh and satisfying. 

All the best, 

♥︎ Greta Elise

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS