Friday, August 22, 2014

High-Five For Friday!

Well it has been a whirl-wind of a week, and as you are reading this, I am most likely on a plane with my mother flying halfway across the country to my new home. I made so many memories this week, shed a bucketful of tears and even more laughs, but I made it through, and I know Christmas will be here before I know it. Now before I get emotional again, let's get onto this week's favorites! 


As you probably know by now, I have naturally curly hair, and sometimes it is hard to take care of (O.K. a lot of the time...) I really liked wearing my hair straight this week because it was easier to maintain and I just thought I'd try something new. I have been trying to grow out my hair for over a year now so I avoided any heat for a long time, but I figured if I'm overdue for a haircut anyway, why not fry it and see how it looks. So I did. This product seemed to help my hair stay smooth and made it easier to blow out and then straighten. I'm not sure where my mother picked it up (Target or CVS most likely) but I might have to pick up a bottle when we do all my shopping in Bismarck today, because this stuff really works! (I just sounded like that anti-acne commercial...you know the one I'm talking about?)


I've been wanting this book for so long and I've seen it everywhere, from Urban Outfitters to Amazon to Francesca's, but I never justified buying it until now. It's amazing how the closer and closer I've gotten to leaving, the more money I've started spending on things that I could probably do without. Anyway, this book is the bomb diggity because it has 712 (imagine that!) writing prompts and scenarios to get the creative writing juices flowing. I love how I can either go in order, start to finish, or I can randomly open it up and start writing. I think it is an amazing tool for any blogger, reader or just someone who likes to write in general. I got this one at the local bookshop for about $17, but I think it's totally worth it and I can't wait to fill it up with my thoughts!


I purchased this bracelet for my cousin last week before a family party, as my "parting gift" to her, and earlier this week, she bought me a matching one. I'm in love with everything about this bracelet, and the story behind it. It's just perfect, that's all I can say. You can find it online here.


Where do I begin with these babies? My bestie bought a bag for me last week and (I'm embarrassed to admit) it was gone in four days... don't judge me, you don't understand! They are to die for. I've never even seen them in stores or heard of the brand before now, but I became addicted way too fast. After going to dinner with my cousin on Tuesday night, we searched Whole Foods and then World Market before finding a whole shelfful. I picked up two bags (Hazelnut and Chocolate) but I also highly recommend the Dark Chocolate ones (which got me started on my love affair with Loacker, JSYK) 


I finally got them!! My mom handed me her credit card on Wednesday morning and told me I could go to the outlets and buy me some Sperrys. Ugh I am in love. I've wanted these for so long and the wait made it so much sweeter and I can't wait to wear them on the first day of school on Tuesday. I got these


So there's my Friday round-up; it's been quite the week, and so endeth my summer. It has had it's ups and downs, but I survived! And now I am off to a fresh start with a whole new life ahead of me. I will make mistakes, I will shed more tears, I will live and learn, but I know I will thrive because I have the greatest people I could ever imagine on my side, a blog and classes to keep me busy and more support and love than I could ever wish for. 

What were your favorites this week? 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS