Tuesday, April 5, 2016

"No Makeup" Makeup Look







Who survived Tuesday? ✋🏼 To be honest, it was a fairly easy and relaxed day. I don't have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I slept in until 10:30...made myself a cup of coffee and then proceeded to work on some design projects for an hour or so, before warming up some Olive Garden leftovers and binge-watching Netflix with my honey. I get a lot of flak for being a Communications major and never having homework; OK, true, I rarely have regular "busy work" homework, but I have many projects throughout the semester, most of which require numerous hours, days, weeks of work. So don't hate on the Comm majors! It's not as easy as it seems. 

I literally spent a whole 5 minutes on my face this morning, and was too lazy to shower,  so I threw a hat on too. Ah, the trials of having thin hair. Yes, I do wash my hair with margarine...what about you?

I started out with a new primer I recently picked up. I've been really into the Pixi line at Target, and think that they have some really great products. They are more high-end for the drugstore, but definitely worth the steeper price. I didn't have the time nor the care to put on foundation, and as we go into the warmer months, I'm veering more towards the BB and CC cream products. This one is super light and sheer, (more of a tinted moisturizer, really) but nonetheless, it's nice for a no-makeup look because it adds just a little something to at least smooth the skin and even it out a little. bareMineral's Bareskin Serum Concealer is my ride or die. I wear it every single day, under my eyes and on my spots. It flawlessly erases my discoloration and scarring and adds a dewey glow to the skin without being cakey. A dupe for the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder is actually $6 at Target and is the NYC Loose Setting Powder in Translucent. It's great for baking concealer with a dry beauty blender or for a light dusting to set the whole face with a fluffy brush. Highly recommend. I actually picked up a new drugstore blush last night, after hearing some rave reviews from the beauty gurus I follow. I was looking for something more on the nude side, something that could technically double as a bronzer-y product as well, and this was the one with the best recommendations. I love L'Oreal in general, there's just something about their products that never fail to impress, and this is no exception. It's very affordable to boot, so score. The only thing I was worried about is that it is advertised as a warm toned blush, whereas I have cooler toned features. However, it is a gorgeous color, nude, as promised, and did indeed do the job of both a blusher and bronzer on my cheeks. It adds a very unique depth and a subtle, very natural color that I really, really like. I just ran over my brows, filling them in pretty naturally with Gimme Brow and applied two coats of Lights Camera Lashes. Lastly, I added some glow on my temples, brow bone and nose with my current favorite highlighter. 

So there's a "no makeup" makeup look, emphasizing on dewy and glowy skin. What are your no-makeup product picks?


 photo Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 11.53.23 AM_zpstbobuwxc.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS