Sunday, April 10, 2016

Five (Good) Things

Image via Pinterest

I hope everyone's Sunday was pleasant and full of laughter. I really want to make an effort to make a list of five things I'm thankful for, aka five good things on Sundays. While cliché, I think it's good to take a moment to consider the good things, appreciate them and revel in them, especially week by week. It's sometimes hard to recognize the good things, as small as they may be, but in the moment they can bring immense joy and peace and it's these things that I tend to fall back on when things get tough. 


The older I get, the more I try and focus on the little things, the things that maybe others don't recognize or don't need to know about, or maybe the things that don't get posted on Snapchat or maybe even the things that completely change our lives but are just kept quiet. 

[I was scrolling through blogs tonight, after washing my face and getting in bed, and happened across this idea, which I loved so much that I decided to borrow it. So here we go.]

1. This morning I showed up to work right on time, but without a cup of coffee. My manager came up to me and said he was running to Starbucks and what did I want. I handed him my debit card but he put it back in my purse. It was honestly the nicest thing and it made my day. Work is work and it is stressful and sometimes a challenge, but I am truly blessed to work in a place that for the most part keeps me happy, allows me to pay the bills and supplies me with some pretty amazing co-workers. 

2. Belly laughs and tickle fights that leave you out of breath. Just because we're adults doesn't mean we can't act like four-year-olds sometimes. 

3. Cold pizza is my absolute favorite. Yes, I'll eat it fresh out of the oven (or pick-up window or whatever) but I really like to wait until it's cold. It's the little things. 

4. I ordered a silk/satin pillowcase from Amazon and it got here a few days ago, and I'm loving it! I've heard that they are really good for curly and wavy hair because it helps diminish frizz and bed-head and it's also good for preventing wrinkles and just being more sanitary because it doesn't soak up oils or excess dirt from your face. So I finally caved and it's like sleeping on a little cloud. I just have to get a new pillow because mine is extremely flat...not really sure how that happened but I need to fix that ASAP. 

5. My favorite beauty product of the week is the L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Buildable Luminous Foundation (jeez that's a mouthful). If I want something a little more full coverage than a CC or BB cream, I'll grab this. To be honest I actually only got it yesterday, but I wore it last night and today and it stayed all day, covered up all my scarring and blended flawlessly. I didn't even need concealer. It looks really natural, with a slightly dewey and fresh finish, but it feels incredibly light on my skin and it's a great addition to my makeup stash!

What are your five (good) things?

 photo Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 11.53.23 AM_zpstbobuwxc.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS