Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My First Birchbox


I recently decided to jump on the bandwagon and subscribe to Birchbox. For those who don't know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription service that sends you a box of 3-6 samples especially curated for you. When first opening an account, you describe your skin tone, type, hair color and the certain types of brands and products you most reach for. They then do their best to send samples that match your preferences and unique style. I love the idea and it's only $10 a month. It was totally justifiable, so I went for it. They also have a great referral and rewards program. For every product you review in your Birchbox, you can earn 10 points on the site. 100 points = $10 in the shop, so it adds up quite quickly. For every friend referred who joins, you get $5 in the shop...they've got their rewards down pat. Enough about the details, let's see what is in my first box! 



First off, can we take a moment to appreciate this lovely packaging. This month, Birchbox teamed up with Rifle Paper Co. to bring an especially spring-themed box and I think they did a wonderful job. I will definitely be keeping this box to store makeup products, lippies or just random odds and ends because it's so cute!


Included in my box is a 20% off coupon for RiflePaperCo. along with a little card explaining what all of the products are. My gifts this month are: 
Beauty Protector's Protect & Detangle Spray 
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Sweet Violet
rms beauty's Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes
Vasanti's BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator 
W3LL PEOPLE's Expressionist Mascara

The only brand I'm familiar with is Burt's Bees, so I'm very excited to try all these new products! I'm especially eager to try the Face Rejuvenator which is a cleanser and mask all in one, and the the mascara which is all natural.


I will plan on doing a follow-up post after I've gotten a chance to try out the products and use them for a bit. Check out Birchbox and see if it's worth that spare $10 you have. Also let me know in the comments if you've heard of/use Birchbox and what you think. 

Disclaimer: Birchbox did not sponsor this post. I pay for this service out of my own pocket and all opinions/reviews are written by me and are my own. 

 photo Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 11.53.23 AM_zpstbobuwxc.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS