Sunday, November 9, 2014

I'm Alive

Remember that time when I neglected my blog? Yeah, me too. It's been a while. I don't have any particular reason, and no, I don't really want to talk about it. It's been weird lately and I guess I haven't really been myself. But that's okay, because sometimes we just need to take some time. 

What has been happening? 

I finished working with the Measure 7 Campaign, and ended October with a big fat paycheck. I recruited my cousin and a group of my friends to work with me, so needless to say, we'll all be going on a shopping spree soon. 

I opened a North Dakota bank account and deposited my first $500. Maybe being an adult isn't so bad all the time. 

We had our first snow last night, and while it didn't stick, it was still a beautiful sight to wake up to. We're expecting up to six more inches tomorrow. 


I didn't leave my room until 5 pm yesterday, and I managed to eat multiple bowls of cereal and ramen, and watch six hours of New Girl and The Carrie Diaries. Oh Netflix, you really are the best therapy. 

My cousin and best friend both went out of town this weekend, so that should have been my first hint that it would be a rough weekend. As much as I attempt to be an independent woman, sometimes a girl really needs her girls. Thankfully, I have a few more than two friends, so I wasn't completely alone, but still. This is a weekend that I'm looking forward to being done with.
 
I have been listening to V by Maroon 5 constantly for the past two weeks or so. I have pretty much all the songs memorized and I can relate to each one. It isn't very often that an album is 100% on point, usually there are a few songs that aren't as great as the rest, but this album is absolutely perfect. I just can't even. 

It hit me earlier this week...  I'm really missing home. I'm pretty good with dealing with homesickness, but a combination of having a new baby in the family, cold weather setting in, and the holidays rolling around, California is calling my name. Thank God I have a cousin here or I think I would actually lose my mind.  I'm counting down the days until I'm on a west-bound plane.
Wearing two pairs of leggings has become a daily occurrence, and puffer vests are my current obsession. I have my eye on a certain pair of Sperry boots, so those might have to happen. Also,  I'm planning on doing a late-fall fashion post soon, so look forward to that. 

I continue writing for the school paper, and I recently applied and was interviewed for the Business Manager position for the paper. I'm hoping I can get it, because it would be a great outlet for me to practice my social and marketing skills. Along those lines, I switched my major again. I dropped the business part because I realized that I had formed a false idea of what it entails...so, as of now, I am treading along the line between Public Relations and Mass Communications. Both could work and I can see myself being successful in both, but I need to research a tad more before officially declaring. So I will keep updates coming as far as that goes. 

Boys are stupid. Men aren't much better. That's all I'm saying about that. 


I know it's a ways away still, but who else is excited for Downton Abbey? Can I get a hell yes. Also, has anyone else heard about A Series of Unfortunate Events that Netflix is producing? I remember my mother reading all the books to me and my siblings one winter. Then I went back and read them all myself, and I loved the movie. I have high hopes for the show, but I don't have enough information to be able to tell if it'll be good yet. 

Sometimes life kicks you in the butt, and you lay there for a while, waiting for someone to help you up, and eventually they do, but you realize that you could have gotten up so much sooner if you hadn't waited. This is my life right now. But I'll be okay, because I'm always okay. 

post signature

2 comments :

  1. With a big smile I say this Greta! Loved your post and your line, Boys are stupid and men aren't much better!!
    Wise girl you are! Only find the one that compliments you and all you encompass! Never settle for less. And yes, you are always okay!!! Happy forthcoming holidays to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays to you as well! Sometimes we just need that little reassurance from ourselves and others to let us know that we are indeed "okay". God bless.

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS