Monday, November 10, 2014

The First Snowfall

"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up in another, quite different, and if this is not enchantment, where is it to be found?"
 -J.B. Priestly

Waking up to four inches of snow this morning was nothing short of surprising. I knew it was supposed to snow through the night, but actually being in it was different than I was expecting. I haven't been in the snow since I lived in Wisconsin, which is going on four years ago, so while I haven't forgotten it, I've forgotten what it's like to be in it. The struggle hits when you realize that it's not that cold, but the wind chill is dropping the temperature an extra 15 degrees. 
Rough life. 
It's beautiful though, and I didn't even slip on the ice. I did accidentally walk off the sidewalk because I couldn't tell that it was ending, so I got a shoe-full of slush, but I put my socks on the heater vent and we were golden. My cousin and I seized the opportunity for an impromptu photoshoot, making the mistake of not wearing gloves, and nearly freezing our fingers off three photos in, but it was all worth it. 








I will probably hate it in about two weeks, but for now, I am embracing this change of scenery as a fresh start and a sign of new beginnings. 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS