Friday, September 19, 2014

High-Five For Friday!

Hello lovely human beings of the internet, I'm alive! I went through a short period of time where I felt like I didn't have anything worthwhile to write, and on top of that, my schedule has been crazy. I'm tempted to share with you everything that has been keeping me busy, but that is another post entirely. I've had a relatively good week however, so let's get into my favorites! 

My beauty favorite this week is L'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes. I've been loving this mascara because it volumizes (no way!) and lengthens my lashes. It's enough that I can wear it alone and it still makes a statement, but it also complements any shadow look as well. It's a great value for L'Oreal, which tends to be on the pricier side of drugstore brands. I got this one at CVS for around $9.  


Does this really count as a food? My friends and I made this the other night when we were craving something sweet but were too lazy to walk to the caf. We hopped in the car and drove to town, where we picked up the ingredients at Walmart ("hella" cheap groceries, in case you didn't know). We have a kitchenette down the hall, but we have no pots, pans or tupperwares, so we melted the chocolate and peanut butter in a cereal bowl, poured the mixture over the cereal directly in the cereal box, and shook it up to blend the powdered sugar. Voila. Necessity is the mother of invention. You can get the full recipe here.


I received a care package from my bestie back home earlier this week and this necklace was in it! I'm in love, and I haven't taken it off once. We have matching ones, so they're the perfect friendship necklaces. I like the gold detail and the anchor is so perfect for my style. I love love love it. I believe she got this one at Target. 


I got these scarves from Forever 21 last weekend and I am in love. The colors are so versatile and make the transition into fall a lot easier. I've been wearing them with sweaters and basic tees and they complement pretty much every outfit I own. They were super reasonable too, at $8 a pop. 


My friend painted me a canvas today and I just really have no words. I think she should start a business, what say you?


That wraps up this week's favorites! I know I've said it a few times now, but I'm really trying my hardest to get back into my normal blogging routine. On that happy note, what were your favorites this week? 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS