Friday, October 10, 2014

The Best Vacation

I didn't get around to writing this post yesterday because I was waiting on some pictures and it was a busy Friday, but I called my dad last night and asked if he still had them in his files and he did! I just got these in my inbox and it absolutely made my day. If you hadn't guessed by now, today's Blogtober prompt is Best/Worst Vacation. I honestly haven't had too many bad travel experiences, besides getting stuck in an airport overnight and spending a night in a Day's Inn (literally sleep in your car...it'll be better than that ridiculous excuse for a hotel) so I thought I would just write about this one. 

When I was eight years old, my parents took my sister Emma and I to Spain for ten days. We have relatives who live in southern Spain, and I have always felt a deep connection to my roots which is part of the reason I've decided to major in the language. But that's a different story. I wasn't quite sure how much I'd be able to write concerning this trip because I don't remember which buildings these are or where we stayed, but I love looking through the pictures and I hope you will too. It has remained my favorite trip I've ever taken, and while I don't remember every detail, the night life, the croissants and hot chocolate and trying my first octopus at a Tapas Bar stand out for me. I've wanted to return to Spain ever since I left, and being a woman now, and actually having the opportunity to go again is so exciting for me. Again, I apologize for not being able to give much more information, but I hope you enjoy this post as much as I do, and happy flipping Friday. 

My dad bought my sister and I matching sweaters in...Germany, I believe? Don't quote me on that. It was my favorite sweater of my childhood. 


The architecture of Spain is phenomenal and you can feel the history seeping out from the walls. 




This may have been a museum...we went to quite a few of those. 



I absolutely loved those pigeons. 






Throwback to overalls and turtlenecks. 


Our hotel was so cool...I remember how decadent it was. 


Hello, friend. 



My beautiful mother and sister meditating meditating in one of the many cathedrals. 


The bull fight in Toledo. 


Spanish food is the best food. 



I cannot wait to return. What was your best travel story? 
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS