Monday, November 16, 2015

Review: Best of Sephora Skincare

There comes a point in every woman's life when she can regularly afford Sephora. It's almost like a rite of passage. You find a good job, you start making a decent income and once you pay your monthly bills, you still have a few dollars left for a nice product every few weeks or so. I personally tend to pay more money for skincare products as well as higher-end foundation, eyeshadows and palettes. 1) I owe it to myself and my very sensitive skin to find not only the best products, but also the highest quality ingredients, best color matches, etc. 2) I go through mascara and eyebrow pencils way too often to drop $30 every time. 

With the holiday season in full effect, Sephora has a fantastic range of gift sets and samplers, so I took advantage of this opportunity to try out a variety of products, hoping to find some that I could incorporate into my skincare routine. For me, this was a great investment because I get to try out many different things to see which ones I would like to buy full-size in a month or so. Thus far, I've been pleasantly surprised and enjoying my habitual face-washing even more. 







  • Detoxifying Black Cleanser by Boscia. This stuff looks so cool and does a wonderful job at cleansing my skin after I've removed my eye makeup. I will definitely consider buying this full-size 
  • ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliator by Kate Somerville. Because I have such sensitive skin, I look for exfoliators that will indeed remove dead and dull skin but also which won't rip my face to shreds. This one is a hit, and leaves my skin feeling soft and supple without stripping it of its natural oils. 
  • Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Apricot Vanilla by Josie Maran. I'm in love. My skin is already showing signs of being more dry than usual with the winter months setting in and this cream not only smells amazing, but it's thick and soaks into my skin beautifully. I even put it on my face as an intensive moisturizer and it worked like a charm without breaking me out. 
  • Ultra Repair Cream by First Aid Beauty. I've been wanting to try out some of First Aid Beauty's products for a long time, and seeing as this is one of their bestsellers, it worked out well. It's an excellent moisturizer that I have been applying every night, but if I were to purchase the full-size, I would most likely use it as my daytime moisturizer as well. It is light and not at all greasy but it is very hydrating at the same time and is the perfect base under my primer and foundation. 
  • Truth Serum Collagen Booster by Ole Henriksen. To be honest, I'm really not sure what this serum's primary purpose is, but it feels great on my skin and leaves a dewey, fresh look so I've been applying it at night after my moisturizer and before my eye cream. 
  • ULTIMUNE Power Infusing Concentrate by Shiseido. Again, when I first took off the packaging, I was pleased by the visual appeal but a little confused as to what this product was supposed to do. Upon further research, I've found that it is meant to restore the skin to it's youthful appearance and bring back a a glow and lively look to the skin's surface. It seems to be doing just that, so all seems good. 
  • Foaming Cleansing Oil by Marula. I'm a fan of cleansing oils because I have very dry skin and they seem to melt off all my makeup at the end of the day, which is a very satisfying experience. 
  • YOUTHMUD Tinglexfoliate Treatment by GlamGlow. Ah, GlamGlow, why must you be so painfully expensive. I love everything about this brand, from the packaging to the names of the products to the actual products themselves. Though I should refrain from using the plural, as I've only tried this one product so far, I will consider splurging on this brand in the near future. Oh, and this mask is awesome. 
  • Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask by Peter Thomas Roth. Hello, you sexy thing. I didn't know I could find a product so visually appealing. Truthfully, I haven't tried this mask yet, but if the reviews are to be believed, I'm expecting it to do wondrous things for my skin. 
  • Complete Eye Renewal Balm by Algenist. It's never too early to start using an eye cream. Not only do they help prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging, but they help with dark circles (which is a hereditary quality of mine) and general hydration around the eyes, where the skin is extremely thin and delicate. I really like this one as it is thick and I can feel it soaking into my skin, which I don't mind at all as I generally apply it right before bed. 
  • Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF by Fresh. Maybe I'm cheap but I don't see the need to buy high-end lip balms as I again go through them so quickly and because drugstore ones do just as good a job. However, I've wanted to try the Fresh balms, and I am pleased with this one. It's the basic, untinted one that I would use on a pretty frequent basis, so if I were to purchase another one, it would be a tinted one to use more as lip-stain/lipstick. 
So that's the roundup of products. I have noticed that my complexion is evening out and my blemishes are not as prominent. All in all, I think this is a delightful batch of items that complement each other well and is definitely the way to go if you're looking to try out some skincare without paying full price for each. 

 photo Signature-1_zpsfyxv0upf.gif

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS