Saturday, April 4, 2015

What I Ate

For some, Easter Break means going on holiday with family or taking a road trip with roommates. This year I'm spending my Easter weekend doing things for me. And while I do miss my family & friends, time to myself, to do exactly what I want is healthy & a necessary part of growing up. 

The cafeteria isn't open 24/7 like usual during these breaks, so while I have the option of walking over anytime from 11 A.M. and 6 P.M. I've been content making some meager meals for myself right in my own room. I'm a relatively simple person when it comes down to it. 


Every day starts with coffee, & I kept it simple this morning with just a little creamer. 


Around 2:30 P.M. I was hungry, so I whipped up a super easy tuna salad sandwich, which has been my go-to lately. A little scoop of mayo, a spoonful of relish, some salt & pepper & I'm good to go. I piled the salad onto some whole wheat bread. Simple & filling, not to mention healthy. 

 


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I've been craving my fresh greens again. While I initially didn't like the taste of this juice, it's grown on me & it's not only chock full of vitamins, but it's refreshing & has no sugar or artificial anything. 


I finally caved & trekked to the caf (which was actually a lovely walk since it's 60° outside) to get some vegetables and iced tea. I opted for spinach, hard boiled eggs, a little bacon, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, carrots & some cottage cheese. 


I finished off with some vanilla yogurt (which may have been a bad idea...after sitting out all day it was room temperature. Gross.) I topped it off with some granola, dried cranberries & almonds. 


What did you eat today?
 photo monogram_2015-04-03_23-36-44_zpsbdilylzi.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS